Graphic Design Internship
We are seeking a graphic design intern to work in our marketing department, who can design and advise on how to create and distribute literature and online material to bring attention to the program amongst parents, social entrepreneurs in the community, potential funders, and the local educational community.
Are you interested in developing innovative and popping visuals for our publicity and marketing materials? Would you like to develop your own portfolio while contributing to an important and up-and-coming non-profit dedicated to public interest work? GLP offers the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic and collaborative group of people—we give our interns and volunteers opportunities to help shape the path of our work, through actively encouraging their ideas and suggestions. You will get the opportunity to both develop your work, and participate in a valuable cause.
- Create designs for invitations to school-related events and orientations
- Create designs for flyers and posters advertising our Rhode Island foreign language after school program to the local community
- Assist with product design for GLP's children's curriculum, with a focus on creating
- Assist with designing online graphics and branding material for our social media pages
- Brainstorm most effective ways to conduct outreach to the local community to draw participation in the after-school program through development of different marketing materials (print and online)
- Other administrative and support-related tasks
- Must be currently pursuing a degree in graphic design, art, or comparable field
- Proficient in use of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Bridge) Microsoft Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of print and web design, with experience in Photoshop editing
- Demonstrated interest in foreign language education and public interest work
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong sense of design, typography, layout, and spatial arrangement on printed and online material
- Advanced knowledge of how to navigate social media outlets, with a focus on facebook, twitter, youtube, and vimeo
- 15-20 hours per week at our office in Cranston, Rhode Island.
- Must be able to attend regularly scheduled meetings with Executive Director
- Must be able to attend and provide logistical support to events and functions that we hold in Rhode Island
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a sample of your work (i.e. branding work, logo work, design project for a class) to: email@example.com.
Location: Cranston, Rhode Island