Part-Time Elementary Spanish, Mandarin and Arabic teachers
About the Job
Looking for something different out of your career in education?
The Global Language Project (GLP) is a not-for-profit organization that partners with public elementary schools to create and fund after school language programs. Currently, we have employment opportunities for a part time, Mandarin and Spanish Teachers. All positions will work on site at partner elementary schools.
At the Global Language Project our goal is to build the foundation for a lifetime of language learning. Our attention to the educational environment and innovative curriculum approach meet and exceed the criteria required by The New York State Learning Standards and American Teaching Foreign Language Standard
GLP serves students grades 1 to 5. Children are introduced to languages through interactive instruction, cultural activities, music and games. The emphasis is on oral communication and learning about other cultures.
We believe that our programs' excellence is ultimately measured by the quality of its staff, which is why we're extremely selective when it comes to our faculty. Every employee is held to the highest standards and must complete a pre- employment screening process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Possesses knowledge of K-8 curriculum as it pertains to NYS and ACTFL standards
- Helps students, individually and in groups, with a creative and a well integrated lesson plan.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, parents, students and partner schools.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Enhances programs reputation by exploring creative and innovative teaching and learning tools
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience in foreign language curriculum development
- Experience working with diverse student backgrounds, particularly in New York City
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate individual, small group, and whole class instruction
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Success in incorporating hands-on and co-operative learning activities
Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. Please send letter of interest, resume and references to: Angela Jackson, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.